Wednesday, February 22, 2012

It all started.....


I never had a life long dream of having an aqaurium. It just happened. My dear fish came to me on October 31st, 2011. I sat for hours, watching them, until I could see which names fit their personality. The first fish were Zeus (Pleco), Xerxes (Albino Corydoras catfish), Tutankhamen (guppy), Napoleon (guppy), Hercules (glofish), Ahmen Ra (glofish), Sharkbait (glofish), and three neon tetras who are collectively known as Pachus. (they were really hard to tell apart.) by my birthday, I added many decorations which follow the mostly ancient theme (if you haven't noticed). Over the many months, I have lost, as well as gained new fish. Filters have broken, thermonmeters have cracked, but I'm still going. I have noticed all (well, almost all) the fish who have passed have been the ones without ancient names. I am now careful to name every new fish an ancient name, to prevent this curse from falling upon them. I suppose now is the best time to tell you who I have lost, and who is new. Pachus 1 was the first to die, then Napoleon, then Hercules, and then (last week) Sharkbait. I gained Posiden and Eiosepa (both guppies), and today I went out and welcomed two new (and quite exotic, for my tank) fish: Caligula and Aphrodite (lace catfish and mixed fruit tetra). They all make me soooooo happy and I want to give you more info ASAP, but I can't let it all out in one post! Notice the "photo gallary" tab above, if you want to put a face to the names.....

No comments:

Post a Comment