Sunday, May 5, 2013

Pectoral Fins?

With all the recent new guppies, I thought I'd bring up the subject of pectoral fins..... guppies have them! Yes, yes, it's true. They are transparent, which explains why we have all lived in the dark all this time. Without them, guppies wouldn't be able to swim! (If you have no idea what pectoral fins are, they're like little fish arm-fins.... Tutankhamen has so kindly modeled his below for your visual enjoyment.) So yes, now you know.



One other thing I want to point out is I have discovered a way to clarify old pictures of fish such as Hercules, Napoleon, and Sharkbait, so be sure to check out the new pictures in the Fish Name Photo Gallery (Identification) tab above. Sharkbait's picture was so blurry that I just got a picture from the internet of what his species of fish looks like, though it's not really him :)

No comments:

Post a Comment